What measures should we take t prevent dengue fever when travelling?
At present, no effective vaccine for dengue fever is available. The best way to prevent dengue fever is to avoid mosquito bites. To combat infection, travelers to endemic areas are suggested to take the folowing protective measures:
1. Wear light-coloured long-sleeved shirts and long trousers when going outdoors;
2. Apply insect repellent (containing DEET), on exposed skin while outdoors and reapply as directed on the label;
3. Rest in air-conditioned or well-screened rooms.
Remain vigilant against dengue fever when traveling
- How should we use insect repellents properly
- What are the symptoms of dengue fever?
- Dengue Fever Area
- Measures Against Dengue Fever