Caring for your leather shoes
Good quality leather shoes can last you a long time if you care for them property:
1. Before you wear your new shoes, coat them with a sealer or waterproofing agent to protect the shoes and reapply the protecting agent every few months.
2. Keep shoes dry an store them in cool and dry areas. If your leather shoes do get wet, set them aside to dry naturally before wearing
3. Avoid contact with harsh chemicals which can damage the leather. If your shoes come into contact with a harsh substance, wipe them down lightly with a soft cloth and warm water and reapply a coat of water proof protector to them.
4. Avoid wearing shoes in harsh weather conditions such as prolonged sun exposure, rain, snow and hail.
5. To prevent scratches to the leather outsole, avoid wearing shoes when cycling and walking on hard surfaces such as gravels and rocky areas.
6. Add a rubber outsole to prolong the life of your shoes.
7. Clean and polish leather shoes regularly using quality quality shoeshine, preferably in the color of your shoes. Avoid using liquid shoe polish.
8. Shoe colors will fade when shoes come into contact with water, or due to in appropriate care and handling such as scrubbing.
9. To care for your suede shoes, keep them away from moisture and coat them with a water and stain repellant designed specifically for suede. Use a plastic or rubber-ripped brush regularly to restore the nap and remove surface dirt before it sets in. Should your shoes get stained. Clean immediately with a solvent-basic cleaner made specifically for suede. Avoid using cleaning or coating products for smooth leather as they may leave a residuc that could damage the shoes.
10. All it takes is a little bit of work and care to have your leather shoes looking and staying great!